AUA Summit - AUA National Chief Resident Debate
Rules of Engagement for Participants
- Chief residents presenting will have a total of 5 minutes to present.
- 4 minutes initial presentation
- 1 minute rebuttal
- Participants must follow time restrictions.
- Theatrics are allowed, but must not be excessive.
- Props are NOT allowed.
- Residents may use a maximum of 5 PowerPoint slides in their argument and 3 for their rebuttal.
- Residents must stay until the end of session.
Rules of Engagement for the Judge
- The judge must be impartial.
- The judge shall try to avoid interacting with the Chief residents prior the debate.
- Persuasiveness, data, quality and forcefulness of the presentation shall determine the winner, not the correctness of the position as judged by conventional practice. A score sheet for the judge will be provided.
- The judge may disqualify participants if the Rules of Engagement are not followed.
- The judge has only one minute per presentation to cast his judgment.
- An audience participation system will be in use to allow audience members to cast their vote.